Custom Search

Sunday 16 November 2008

TOP TEN humorous garden jokes, quotes, puns and quips



TOP TEN humorous garden jokes, quotes, puns and quips
My TOP TEN humorous garden quotes and quips I've heard around. Please add any you've heard in the comments section.
1) New Gardeners learn by Trowel and Error
2) Grow your own dope-Plant a man
3) Gardening requires a lot of water, most of it in the form of perspiration
4) My mothers menu consisted of two choices, take it-or leave it
5) A man should never plant a garden larger than his wife can take care of
6) What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter? Pumpkin pi
7) What does the letter 'A' have in common with a flower? They both have bees coming after them
8) 'A favourite of birds' means avoid planting near cars and clothes lines
9) After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done
10) The one good thing about snow is it makes your lawn look as nice as your neighbours

Don't forget to any yours in comments


General discussion and your views are welcome please say hello. I regret however because of my busy schedule, I am unable to answer many questions. Sneaky advertising will be deleted sorry. Thanks so much for visiting my blog today

6 comments:

Barbarapc said...

Simon - hope all is well - what's going on in all your gardens?

simon davis said...

Hi Barbara, Nice to hear from you. All well here thanks so much, I am going to be posting more on the gardens shortly, so I hope you will keep visiting. Hope all is well over in Canada I would imagine it's quite cold in your garden at the moment. May I wish you and Your Family Happy Christmas. Simon

simon davis said...

Contributed by Joanna Brinkman (see pots of style in London) A Scandinavian expression during cold winters 'There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.'

Unknown said...

A quote to add to your collection from Oyster River, B.C. Canada
" I got Aphids from a dirty hoe"

Enjoy 2010
cheers,
Heather
Rustic Garden Sign designer & Bob's Muse

simon davis said...

Thankyou

Garden quotes said...

Nice top ten garden quotes collection. Really enjoyable!!!